Parts for an AKAI M8  

RSS

Rob
 Rob
(@hattrickrob)
19/06/2018 11:42 pm  

I’m looking for a cam part that is listed in the M8 service manual as 85-001q.  This part is shown on page 19 of the service manual and mounts on the shaft of rotary switch (rec/play) shown as part number 35-001A.  I know this is a long shot, but if one is available, let me know the cost.

Thank you!

Rob

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Member Admin
23/06/2018 7:43 am  

Hi Rob and a big welcome to the forum!

Apologies for late moderation but only managed to get to site this morning because of day job.

I may have one for you but I need to check the condition first. From whereabouts are you? 

I note according to my service manual 85-001a is the Rec-Play knob, 85-001q is the little cam shown in the attachment. If you are living overseas these cams can be easily manufactured with anyone adept at using a CNC mill/router.

Regards

Ian

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Member Admin
23/06/2018 7:45 am  

Additional photo from the Bay, lower RHS

ReplyQuote
Rob
 Rob
(@hattrickrob)
17/08/2018 12:31 am  

Thank you!  I did make one out of plastic using a band saw, Dremmel, drill press and sandpaper.  It works well.  The current problems are one bad VU meter, and I think a head switching problem.  If you know a source for the VU meter, please provide.  One other problem was solved by replacing the felt in the supply reel assembly.  The tape drag would get very stiff on occasion.  I put in a thin velvet, which seems to work OK.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register